Channel your creative talents to contribute to the community! WASM is partnering with the Square Foot exhibition benefiting the Montreal Old Brewery Mission. 15% of the proceeds will go to the Old Brewery Mission and WASM (10% to the Mission, 5% to WASM) and 85% of sales will go to participating artists.
All artists interested in applying should read and follow the instructions below carefully.
The exhibition will take place on March 11th 2023, from 11 am to 4pm at McLaren Montreal, 2300 Bd Chomedey, Laval, QC.
REVISED - Criteria for entry:
All work must multiples of 12" x 12" ONLY excluding the frame. Should you wish to frame your work, the frame measurement is extra. To a maximum size of 60 x 60. Please note however, artists will be responsible for their own transport.
All media is accepted, provided the works are square.
All artworks will be sold, ready to hang, for the following prices:
12 x 12 = 180 $
24 x 24 = 360$
36 x 36 = 540 $
48 x 48 = 720$
60 x 60 = 900$
We appreciate that many artists may feel that they are under selling from their usual prices. However, please remember that this is a fundraising event. 15% of all artwork sales will be donated to sell their work.
Finally, it should be noted that all artists need to be present on the day to sell their work.
REVISED - How to Submit:
1. Please contact Johanne Dussault at firstname.lastname@example.org with ONE image* of a piece that you would like to be featured in the upcoming exhibition. In addition, please provide us with a small blurb about yourself (NO longer than 3 sentences) and any online link(s) you have so we can publicize your work.
*The image must be formatted in .jpg with the name of the artist (Save as, "name_of_artist.jpg")
2. On the day of the show, artist may bring as many works as they like with them. However they must have a minimum of 4 total works to sell.
3. Artists may bring prints, cards or merchandise with their art on it on the day of. It is not necessary to show these to us ahead of time.
4. All submissions have to be entered by February 27th, 2023. Any entries after that time will not be considered.
5. All artists will later receive an email with a response to their submission.
* Please note that all submission are free.
On the day:
The event will take place from 11 am to 4 pm - However set up will start at 9 am.
All artists are responsible for collecting the money from their own sales. We suggest using square, or other forms of digital payment.
All artists must check out and remit their 15% - collected by WASM, before leaving.
Any artist who sells out may leave earlier, provided they have settled up.
Publicity benefits to artists , and additional fundraising - full details to come.
* We are currently working on media sponsorship,individual publicity campaigns for artists,a live streaming of the event, raffle prizes, food service and high-prestige items for silent auction. Details will be made available as we have them.
Square Foot Exhibition
Art and Automobiles for a Good Cause
Call to Artists for the 6th Annual Square Foot Exhibition & Fundraiser for the Montreal Old Brewery Mission
to be held on March 11th, 2023